Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator
I have been working on more and more computers where this error has been more frequent. If you get this error, it is highly likely your computer has been infected with a Virus or Malware. You first should download or open your favorite Virus / Malware program, update the virus or definition files, and run a complete scan. These viruses will place this restriction on your system so you cannot “End Task” them. There are several methods you can use to re-enable your Task Manager and eliminate the error “Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator”. The following fixes are listed from easiest to hardest.
- “Run the Registry Repair File”- You can download the below file, run it, which will edit the registry to re-enable your Task Manager.
Download - Enable_Task_Manager_Registry.zip
Downloaded 47 times Password mkwebdesign
- “Edit the Registry via the Run Command” – Click Start, Run and type the following command exactly as given below:
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
- “Manually Edit the Registry”
- Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
- Navigate to the following branch
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System
- In the right-pane, delete the value named DisableTaskMgr
- Close Regedit.exe